- 1:1 annual support/advisory meeting on strategic development of music in school, including school music development plans
- Collection and analysis of data to inform curriculum, transition and other planning
- Regular updates on local, regional and national music education issues/initiatives
- Termly network meetings and regular CPD opportunities
- Monitoring/observation of quality/delivery of visiting music tutors on request
- Safeguarding training for visiting music teachers
- Schools membership with national music advocates Music Mark
- Support with curriculum and assessment design
- Support with Ofsted inspection processes
- Exam board CPD and standardising sessions for BTEC, GCSE and A Level
"NTMEH provides a whole range of fantastic opportunities in music for our students and a variety of CPD activities tailored to the needs of music teachers."
Kieran Baldwin (Head of Music - Whitley Bay High School)
- Free access to NTMEH music centre ensembles and choirs for all pupils
- Free access to our Youth Music funded musical inclusion and Arts Award project, Standing Upright
- Use of annual schools’ allocation to support in-school instrumental and ensemble provision using the services of our team of visiting music teachers.
- Access to a wide range of collaborative performance, cluster and transition events, many in partnership with Music Partnership North Newcastle
Schools also have the option to buy into a number of online subscription packages, including:
For more information about our support to middle and secondary schools, please contact us.
“The NTMEH team are passionate about music education and have student engagement at the heart of all they do. As a Curriculum Leader I feel well supported by Jenny and her team; they are approachable and personable. The thing I appreciate the most is the flexibility of their offer; NTMEH are willing and able to tailor their support to the needs of each school’s priorities”
Mary Houlton, Head of Performing Arts, Longbenton High School
Our talented young string players support installation ceremony of the new Tyne and Wear High Sheriff NTMEH were honoured to be asked by Mr David Bavaird to take part in…Read More >
From Coldplay to Matilda the musical, we had it all at this year’s Spring Sing Concert 2022. Eight Primary School Choirs joined the music hub at the Playhouse, Whitley Bay…Read More >
‘Musical Inclusion is about removing barriers to ensure all children enjoy full participation in a music education that supports the development and achievement of each young person based on their individual abilities, needs and interests’.
In addition to termly network meetings and drop-in sessions, NTMEH offers a wide range of continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for music teachers, senior leaders, tutors and freelance practitioners.
All instrumental lessons are delivered by our team of freelance visiting music teachers, some of whom are commissioned directly through the hub, with others directly contracted via schools and parents.
Whether it’s developing people’s skills and knowledge through training or bringing colleagues together at an event, our teams deliver training and events that reflect your current needs.
To book CPD visit: